Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Quick Summer Salad

Hey Team,
This is just a quickie today- super, simple caprese salad. Here's the thing- because its so simple, every ingredient you put on the plate has to be top notch. So, the tomatoes must be perfect, almost too ripe for max flavour. I used gorgeous zebra tomatoes, if you pick up heirloom tomatoes that would be ever better! Next, lay down some really fresh Buffalo Mozzarella... really.... is there anything better? I would eat a whole ball of it if I didn't think people might seriously judge me... Now toss on a whole bunch of basil leaves- don't bother to chop the basil, it bruises easily and this salad is supposed to be rustic! To finish sprinkle with Maldon (or your favorite sea salt), fresh cracked pepper and drizzle with aged balsamic and really... I mean REALLY good Olive Oil. Dig in and Enjoy!


xo C 

No comments:

Post a Comment