Monday, January 28, 2013

Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas

Hey You!
How was your weekend? Mine was great, we got in some great skiing on Saturday and I did a bunch of work yesterday that got me totally pumped for this week. You know the feeling when you're on a roll with something and you don't want to lose the momentum- that's how I am feeling right now, so I am trying to ride this train as long as I can!



As promised on Friday, I have my Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas Recipe for you today. Its the best healthy snack to have in a little bowl on your counter when that salty craving hits. I am a huge salty fan, if I had my pick over a Maple Glazed Doughnut (my favorite doughnut... weird I know, but it brings back childhood memories of commuting to the ski hill on super cold, Saturday mornings in the winter) and McDonald's fries, I would choose the fries every time.



Now, obviously you cant eat all of these in one sitting, but a little handful to satisfy a salt craving while you are cooking dinner- totally fine. Packed with protein and fibre- bring them on!



Ingredients:
  • 1 can of chickpeas
  • olive oil
  • salt, pepper and other seasonings such as cumin, cayenne, smoked paprika, etc.


Method:
  1. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
  2. Rinse chickpeas and drain on paper towel for 5 minutes
  3. transfer dried chickpeas to a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and any other seasonings you like! I used salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne and smoked paprika. SO yummy.
  4. Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden and crunchy. Stirring every so often.
Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to one week.

Happy Monday All!
xo
C

3 comments:

  1. I am SO trying these! Yummm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Maple Glazed and now I am running to get one! Then I'll make the chickpeas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Awesome!
    I am glad you are loving them ... and the doughnuts!

    ReplyDelete