Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Currently Snacking On

How's your week going so far? I am having one of the really weird ones, where you keep thinking its the day ahead of the one you're currently on... its odd... and confusing. But, this little concoction is getting me through! Greek yogurt and berries, and not just any berries- "Power Fruit Berries".. to the rescue.


Anyways... Throw your frozen berries into a small sauce pot, a cup or two is fine, cover and turn the heat to medium-low. Now go do something, check facebook, making dinner, etc. In about 15-20 minutes the berries will soften and make the most amazing sauce. I added a tsp of vanilla bean paste, because I add it to everything, and orange zest would be good too (I didn't have any). Spoon over Greek yogurt and enjoy!
This sauce is good for up to one week in the refrigerator.



Oh... and this would also be awesome on ice cream, waffles, pancakes....

Happy Hump Day! ... right?
C

No comments:

Post a Comment