Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pasta for One!

Hi!
How was your weekend!? Mine was great- totally relaxing, hit up the One-of-a-Kind Show and the St. Lawrence Market for this weeks produce. I have some yummy recipe ideas that I can't wait to share with you- also, I want to show you my top picks from this years One-of-a-Kind Show.

I was on my own Saturday night for dinner and was craving something light, semi-healthy and quick. So... I made my Egg-liscious Veggie Pasta. Yeah, egg-liscious... I said it, because its the truth!

This one is super simple to make and you can mix it up with whatever you have lurking in the fridge. I used some spinach, sun dried tomatoes and leeks (which I love, by the way). Multiply the recipe by however many people you are cooking for and you will have a yummy weeknight meal in no time.

Happy Monday! xo


Egg-liscious Veggie Pasta

1/4 chopped leek
1/2 cup chopped spinach
3 diced sun dried tomatoes
3/4 cup spaghettini (about a quarter (25 cents) amount dried)
1 1/2 tbsp herbed cream cheese
1 egg

  1. Bring a pot of water to boil and add the spaghettini. Spaghettini is spaghetti's thinner cousin.
  2. Saute the chopped leek in a bit of olive oil, until softened, then add the spinach and sun dried tomatoes.
  3. While the pasta is boiling, scoop about 4 tbsp's of pasta water into a mug, you will need it for the sauce.
  4. Drain the pasta and put it back in the pot, add the sauteed veggies and 1 1/2 tbsp's of herbed cream cheese.
  5. In the veggie saute pan, add a tsp of butter and fry the egg until the whites are just set.
  6. While the egg is cooking, stir the pasta together. You will notice the cream cheese is a bit thick, add 3-4 tbsp of the reserved pasta water, slowly, as you stir. This will loosen up the sauce.
  7. Pour your pasta into a bowl and top with your fried egg.
  8. Garnish with a pinch of chili flakes, salt, pepper and parsley.
Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. This looks so good. And I am so jealous you went to the one of a kind show. As per usual your photography is amazing. LOOOVE it!

    ReplyDelete