Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Weekend Food

Happy Wednesday!
So, as I mentioned in my post yesterday, I was up at the cottage last weekend for a little bachelorette weekend. My sister and friend, Lauren had so many amazing surprises for me throughout the weekend, one of which was a fully catered dinner Saturday night.... with.... a menu made completely from a list of my favorite ingredients! How insanely awesome is that!? Actually, what is almost more amazing is that Dave (fiancee) came up with the whole list. My man, who was not exactly a foodie, or knew what a foodie was when I met him put Truffles, Haloumi, and Seared Scallops on the list- totally awesome right!?

Needless to say, the dinner was amazing- and I ran around like an idiot trying to take pictures of it all. After looking at the pictures on my computer I came to the conclusion that the appetizer pics are much more artistic, where as the entree photos are slightly skewed...possibly by my intake of champagne and wine...?

Below was the first app that came out, and OMG, I know it looks a bit odd, but WOW, was it good. Dave put Tuna Tar Tar on the list (I KNOW) and Cravings came up with these little sushi bowls. It had sushi rice in the bottom, a layer of avocado cream, Ahi tuna, spicy mayo and then topped with nori. It was so insanely refreshing and totally tasted like a giant tuna roll. YUM. When I attempt to make it at home you will be the first to know.


The second app to come out was this yummy deep fried dough ball, that my photos didn't exactly do justice too. Dave probably put "anything fried" on the list and they listened- it was great. So, no photo of that- just imagine a deep fried, eggy, biscuit thing- SO good. The third and final app was this mouthwatering shitake mushroom toast finished with truffle oil. I am definitely going to attempt to remake this. Slowwwly saute shitakes in butter an olive oil, maybe throw in a shallot. Toast some amazingly buttery brioche and top with the caramelized shitakes, chives and a dot of truffle oil... That's my plan if you were wondering- I will let you know how it goes!



Have a super awesome Wednesday!
xo
C

No comments:

Post a Comment