Wednesday, August 15, 2012

White Box

Today I met a great friend for lunch, actually, she is my oldest friend. I believe I walked up to her in grade one and asked "will you be my friend?" and the rest was history. She walked into the cafe today with a little, white bakers box filled with the cutest, sprinkle cupcakes. I looked at them quickly and said a big "thanks!" It wasn't until we were halfway through lunch did I realize that she made these gorgeous little creatures. I was totally impressed, and even more so when I tried one upon leaving the restaurant (I thought it might be a bit off side to put my head under the table and eat one mid sandwich!).


L informed me that she is thinking about setting up a little side business doing baked goods for parties, showers, etc. I immediately told her she should open up a bakery and I would work with her and it would be super amazing... Obvi I got a bit carried away, but I did tell her that I would love to work on some possible names and graphics for her.

... Now you are probably thinking "What the hell, I thought this chick was an interior designer, despite the fact that her whole blog is about food and now she is doing branding?!"... I am thinking it too. So, join the club. Its all creative... and graphics involve design, right?

Anyways... I was driving home... eating cupcakes and something struck me, the little white bakers box she presented the cupcakes in was perfect. It didn't scream cupcakes, because L can do more than just great cupcakes. There could be super amazing cookies, or mini apple pies hiding in that sucker. It was a symbol for what she wants to create- simple, classic, high-end baked goods. So, I think the name is going to have to be based around that... And the packaging! You cant skimp on great presentation. I am such a sucker for pretty, clever packaging- I would probably buy dog sh*t if it was in a beautiful box.

So this is my plan, I will work on this fun stuff when I need a break from design stuff (which is also fun!) and then I will show you! Sound good? GREAT.
xo
C

No comments:

Post a Comment