Monday, August 20, 2012

What I Ate This Weekend

Hey You!
How was your weekend? Mine was great, thanks! Dave and I were up in Collingwood and it totally got me excited for Fall. The humidity of this insane Summer was gone and the evening air was cool and crisp... ie. almost time for skiing! YES. I said it- sorry to all who hate snow- but I LOVE it, and can't wait for the first few flakes!

Saturday afternoon I was busy doing a bit of work and all I could think about was pancakes. I know... a bit of a segway, but this gets me to my next point: I am not an "eat-a-stack-of-pancakes-for-breakfast" type of girl, I am more of a "give-me-bacon-and-fried-potatoes-for-breakfast" type of girl. So, I figured- why don't I make pancakes that are more savory, you know, with herbs, AND cheese. But, what would replace the syrup? I figured the yolk from a couple of fried eggs would do the trick. Unfortunately not, because Dave asked for syrup after he ate the egg on top of his untouched savory pancakes.... SO, this is not a recipe post today- it is a pictures of a future recipe post... that is bound to have Hollandaise Sauce in it... The pancakes were super awesome, so I promise to perfect this recipe and post it here for all of you to try.


Fresh Blueberries. Perfect for Mini Blueberry Pies! (and.. I really liked the sticker)
On our way home Sunday we hit one of our favorite farm stands- we pooled all the cash we had on us and bought as much as possible (we learned the hard way the first time, that farm stands do not take debit!). I wasn't planning on doing anything major for dinner, but this little trip changed that! They had thee most gorgeous, fresh produce. Their onions were beyond ruby red, which reminded me of a fabulous Focaccia recipe I saw in this months Bon Appetit magazine. Dave also mentioned he LOVES blueberry pie (which I didn't know), so we picked up some Ontario grown blueb's too. Corn, carrots, peaches, apples.... it was quite the haul for 20 bucks! Below are pictures of the rest of my Sunday. It was heaven.  

The Simplest, Beautiful Focaccia.


I saw this recipe on TV last week and knew I had to try it.
Buttery, Crunchy, Salty, Oniony, Goodness.
Seriously. I know. Who Am I?

Have a super fab Monday.
xo
C

1 comment:

  1. just had one of your mini blueberry pies and it was delish. Thanks for the sample.

    ReplyDelete