Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I'm Loving: Wrapping Essentials

Hi All!
I hope you had a great weekend. Did you finish your Christmas shopping? I am super close... only a few more deadly things to get at Ikea- which will be terrifying right now. I have a table full of exciting presents to wrap and I have to be honest, I think I almost get more excited about wrapping than I do about what is actually in the wrapping paper. I used to watch Martha Stewart when I was little (yes, when I got home after school I would watch TLC's Trading Spaces and Martha Stewart- which probably explains a lot....) and I will never forget the episode when she pulled out her bone folder (basically a plastic tongue depressor) to make her wrapping paper corners crisp... I was hooked. Now I don't use a bone folder (seriously, who has the time?) but I do take my wrapping seriously. A few tips- Use only one or two different papers, bonus marks if they coordinate with each other and one or two types of embellishments. This year I am using white and silver striped paper, and grey and white twine- totes chic. I will take pics this afternoon when I hopefully finish!

A few essentials to make your gifts look awesome regardless of your skill level... (Seriously, even if you wrapped your presents in news paper and topped them off with glittery pom poms, you would impress!)



Divine Twine. This is really a life essential, you can use it to package anything and it will look professional and cute. I used a bunch of the gold and white twine to package my wedding invites and it looked awesome!
Kraft and Red Paper- total go-to not only for Christmas, but for everyday use as well. It's neutral background allows you to do everything from draw on it, to wrap a wedding gift.
Kraft Shipping Tags- perfect for writing a personalized note with your Metallic Sharpies!
Heirloom Scissors... Okay... they don't have to look like this- but I just REALLY want these to have on my desk to look gorgeous and legit. They would obviously be a huge help to cut anything.... Ha...
Amazingly cheap and cheerful string from Ikea. Love you.
Glittery Pom Poms to top presents and make the wrapping look more exciting than the actual present its self... check!
Merry Christmas Washi tape. Make your crappy taping job look like it has purpose with washi tape.

Happy Christmas-is-a-week-today Day!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment