Wednesday, March 21, 2012

HiLo Wednesday 02

Morning!
As promised I have a Hilo Wednesday for you. I am still no closer to getting that paper done, but that's what tonight is for!

We are talking Edison Bulps today. I have 4 looks, 3 from different retailers with varying prices. They give off an industrial vibe, but still maintain a softness about them. A grouping of them staggered above a kitchen island would look fantastic, especially the copper one... (hint hint Kelly...).

Have a look at this inspiration pic- these lights have an old world feel about them and could be incorporated into a lot of different spaces.

Pinned Image
Inspiration: Source Here

Interesting, aren't they? So, lets talk price, the ones I have here range from $75 each to $18 each. But, the more expensive version is designed down to the junction box, where as the others may not be. Because none of these are crazy expensive, I would probably go with which ever one fits my design the best. I do love the heft of the Restoration Hardware version though!

Did you guess the Hilo?... |01|02|03|

Have a great Wednesday.... 2 Sleeps until the Hunger Games....

2 comments:

  1. Love these! The copper is very cool, but I do love the heft of the Edison's from Resto Hardware. If you were to hang these above an island would you hang multiple lengths or bunch them together as I have seen recently? Which would better stand the test of time from a design perspective?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see them hung seperately, within a rectanglar shape on the ceiling- all at different heights. It would make a statement- no doubt about that!

      Delete