Monday, March 26, 2012

Master Makeover

More day dreaming for me lately...
Our master bedroom is the next thing on my list to update (Dave doesn't know this yet... secrets out) and I have had no problem finding pieces that I want to include. I wanted something soothing and moody. When I say moody- I don't mean depressing, but a space with soft, saturated colours. Like the vintage velvet for the bed and the aged patchwork rug from West Elm. I have always dreamt of having a big upholstered headboard that wraps around you when your up at night reading a book in bed. This one from Restoration Hardware is the perfect mix of traditional and modern and with either velvet or linen upholstery it is at the top of my want list. I want a cosy, calm feel in my bedroom- so I chose neutral greys and lots of different textures to make that happen.



I am also loving the balance in this space, the contrast between the heavy bed and velvet curtains, with the mirrored side tables and translucent lamp don't allow the room to feel too heavy. The leggy side tables and chest of drawers give the room an airiness that it needs as well.

Don't you want to just dive right in!?

1. Warner Upholstered Bed Without Foot board [Restoration Hardware]
2. Wall Colour- Benjamin Moore Gray Lake 2138-70
3. Trim Colour- Benjamin Moore Snow White 2122-70
4. Bed Upholstery- Vintage Velvet in Fog [Restoration Hardware]
5. Foxed Mirror Nightstand [West Elm]
6. Velvet Grommet Window Panel in Regal Blue [West Elm]
7. Mack Lamp with Blue Cord [Crate and Barrel]
8. Cadiz Rug in Ink [West Elm]
9. Supreme Sideboard [Elte]

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment