Monday, March 05, 2012

A European Influence

Helloo Monday!
I have a confession: I have been day dreaming about my dream house and all the cool and unique things I want to do to it. A gorgeous kitchen, hand scraped hardwood floors throughout, giant master bedroom with ensuite and Parisian front door. What... yup, Parisian front door. If you have been to Europe, more specifically Paris you will know what I am talking about. As mentioned here, I was there last fall and fell in love with not only the architecture, history, winding cobble stone streets, but the doors to these magical courtyards. We stayed in a rental apartment as opposed to a hotel- I highly recommend it if you are with a group, it can be less expensive than a bunch of hotel rooms and you have wayyy more space. All of these little apartments have their own cobblestone courtyard where people can park, and to get into the private courtyards you enter through these...
 
This was the entrance to our courtyard.

Now, I am not looking to have grand stone work and a 12' high double door leading into my home. But the colour and detail is something to keep in mind.

One of my favourite things about these doors is the handles/pulls mounted in the centre. I can just picture a big high gloss black door with a large, circular, metal handle centred in the middle. Ugh- love!

Oh, and YES- people actually drive their baby cars through these doors into their couryards. It takes serious skill!

The raw, stained wood is a beautiful option as well.... hmm... I guess I will just have to keep day dreaming!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. great front doors christen. Do you think you could bring onne down in July lol. Great blog. Talk soon
    love Kim

    ReplyDelete