Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Deck Time!...?

Okay... I know I am pushing it- but the summer is definitely on its way, and I can't wait! Don't get me wrong, the second it gets hot I will start melting down because I can't handle the heat. But the anticipation of weekends by the lake and long evenings on the deck with friends is getting exciting. The whole deck thing is something we are working on. Last year we blew out a tiny window in our dining room and installed gorgeous 7' sliding glass doors leading into our backyard.

Ps. The Dining Room got a bit of a makeover too- grey paint colour, new light and great drapes- you will see all of that in April with the afters!

This year our big outdoor project is the deck... I am pretty pumped! I finished the drawings for it this weekend, so we are almost ready to go. The deck will maximise as much usable space in the backyard and it will span 2 levels. The top level will be the eating and cooking spaces and the bottom level will be the lounge area.

We are hoping to have it done and ready for entertaining by the end of April or early May. I have lots of great ideas for the privacy fence design and decor- can't wait to share it with you...

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment