Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Pinteresting: White + Wood

I am a huge fan of Pinterest, and happened to actually look at my decor inspiration board last night. I noticed that some of the photos carried a common thread.

Pinned Image

Apparently I am loving white and wood right now. Seriously though, how well does this work?! I love the contrast- but its not a harsh contrast. I have always dreamt of doing a living space completely white and allowing other sculptural pieces sing (like a gorgeous chair, couch or art). I have never bit the bullet and tried all white in my own home for so many reasons though; I feel you need to have a house with great bones, but looking at this picture- I wouldn't say it had great bones- in fact its fairly ordinary. So one point for going white and zero for me. I was also really concerned about the space feeling cold and bare, but the wood elevates this white to a new level and really warms the space up. 

 Pinned Image

The wide planked floors and exposed wood structure give this space so much interest that the thought of painting it a colour is almost overwhelming. The simplicity of the drapery and rugs also emphasises this mellow, almost serene environment. 

Pinned Image

The salvaged barn door in this space is SO gorgeous. It provides great contrast to the white, but again- isn't harsh. Instead, it's sculptural and practical. And how can I not mention these white washed floors- they are so beautiful and carry an understated elegance about them.

Pinned Image

This one is crazy-awesome. There is so much texture and variation in the furnishings that it elevates a space that would otherwise be a blank canvas to something inviting and warm.

Okay- off to work for me. Have a great Tuesday!

/ pic 1 / pic 2 / pic 3 / pic 4 / pic 5 /

okay... one more for good luck...gorgeous!
Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment