Wednesday, March 14, 2012

HiLo Wednesdays

Morning Everyone!
So, I want to start a Wednesday design post that compares great furniture or products to their knockoff cousins and I will show you where you can get them for less. Or maybe I'll convince you that in a specific case the original is totally worth it- whoooo knows! AND I am going to make it a game- fun right? I know- totally fun. So, lets start:

The Navy Chair!
This aluminium beauty was designed by Emeco and its original purpose was to endure sea voyages for military use. One of the chairs below is the redesign of Phillipe Starck (who I love by the way) for Emeco. This chair is made in a process of 77 steps and is one solid piece when it is finished. The Navy chair comes in many colours, and is actually made from recycled materials! These chairs are of a timeless design and would look amazing at any ones kitchen table.



Its a toughy isn't it.
Your original was designed by Emeco, and recently re-designed by Starck (B). Would I buy the original? Well, if I had the money- I would always buy the original. But, seeing as I am a fan of designing on a budget- I would probably go with the Delta Side Chair from Crate and Barrel based on price and finish. Urban Barn has modernised its version with a polished stainless steel finish which is also another great option.

A. Delta Side Chair ($124.50)
B. Emeco 1006 Navy Chair (re-designed by Phillipe Starck) ($455.00)
C. Tempo Dining Chair (179.00)

Let me know if you like this HiLo Wednesday idea- because I am already dreaming up next Wednesday!

Have a great one.

1 comment: