Monday, December 10, 2012

Weekend Screening

A few quick snippets from this weekend today! I had my highly anticipated silk screening workshop yesterday and it was SO SO SO fun. Fun and great. And exciting... I am totally pumped about exciting things happening over here at Design + Doughnuts, and I can't wait to share them with you in the next week or so!

This super awesome workshop was at Model Citizen in Kensington Market. It was taught by the owner, Julian, who is a total rock star and very talented to boot. That's him in number 3. I would highly recommend this workshop to anyone remotely interested in printing and/or textile design. It was totally user friendly and you will leave knowing how to create just about anything your heart desires.




























 
  1. That's Kirsten- she's a gem, showing off her stapling skills. We first had to stretch the screen across a wooden frame- you can buy these premade- but clearly it is WAY cooler to say you know how to make your own!
  2. I am concentrating very hard here... cutting off excess screen after the stapling extravaganza.
  3. I just realized these are out of order... this was Julian showing us how to make our images see-through with his secret ingredient... Before this step we covered the screens in a light sensitive glaze and had to put them in a dark room to dry for 20 minutes. That was when we went to...
  4. The Grilled Cheese which might possibly be one of my favorite lunch spots in the city. I had the Hamlet, which was as good as it looks.  
 

5. When we returned from lunch we "shot" the screens on a light table, rinsed them off and...
6. Started printing!!!
 
An amazing course with endless possibilities...
And guys, so sorry for the late post today... 1/4 was written in my office this morning, 1/4 in a Starbucks in Barrie, 1/4 in a parking lot in Barrie and now the last 1/4 at home. Cray Cray day.
xo
C

No comments:

Post a Comment