I have a yummy recipe for you today- it was my go-to this summer when I had random stuff in the fridge and left over quinoa. Its a simple and forgiving recipe- if you don't have the exact ingredients I used you can easily make substitutions.
3/4 cup cooked quinoa
2 cans of boneless, skinless salmon
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
1 egg, beaten
s + p
dash of cayenne
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 cup of ricotta cheese
1/4 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
olive oil for frying
1. In a large bowl break up the canned, drained salmon until you have small flakes.
2. Add the whole list of ingredients and mix to combine.
3. Using your hands, press the mixture to the bottom of the bowl and draw and 'x' with your finger to portion the mix into 4 equal large cakes, or draw 3 lines (star/snowflake shape) to portion the mix into 6 smaller portions.
4. Shape each portion into a patty and place on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour. This helps the salmon hold its shape when it cooks.
5. Heat 2 tbsp's of olive oil over medium high heat and add the patties, cook for approx 3 minutes per side or until golden brown taking care to flip the patties gently.
6. Serve with a wedge of lemon or lemon garlic aioli. (1 tbsp mayo, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 garlic clove minced, s+p- stir to combine).