Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Three Towels. Three Ideas.

Hi,
How was your Monday? Mine was good, you know, did some work, went to yoga, made dinner, went to bed. By the way.... dinner was awesome, and so speedy- spaghetti squash with pesto, sauteed spinach and mushrooms topped with goat cheese and an egg... because I had one. You are probably thinking, that is not easy or fast you crazy woman- but I promise! It was- I'll blog a recipe soon and you will see.

So these ideas. I have a lot of them, and it sucks- I am short on time to do them all. So I figured, why don't I just share them with you in the idea stage and you can get all creative on me and show me what you come up with? I like it, I think its a good plan.

Oh, a little disclaimer... these are Christmas ideas. HA. Yes, it is time. I am so excited. Christmas is by far my favorite holiday and I can't wait to share many more ideas with you (that I actually try my self).

All of these ideas have one thing in common- a festive dish towel. I doubt I will ever say that sentence again in my life. But yes, a dish towel- and great ones at that. I was perusing etsy.com yesterday and came across a couple. I couldn't stop thinking of fun ways to use them- that didn't include dishes! I have found a couple that I totally love, mostly because they are so simple, but you could use anyone that you love.


 | Towel 1 | Towel 2 | Towel 3 |

Now that you have an amazing towel- start creating!












| frame | pillow insert |  tray |

1. Frame it with a simple white frame- use it as a backdrop to your holiday bar set up or buffet- why not over the couch!?
2. Break out the Mod Podge, cut the towel to fit the base of your tray, put a thick coat of mod podge on the tray, layer on your antler towel, and then top with another thick coat of mod podge and allow to dry for 24 hours. You will have a shiny, water proof antler tray for the holidays! (Don't worry- the mod podge dries clear!)
3. If you are a sewer, pull out that sewing machine and whip up a holiday cover for any pillow inserts you might have already in existing pillows- then switch them back after the holidays.

I am kind of loving all of these... maybe this weekend I will work on creating one of these towels my self!? Aggressive... I know.

Try these out and send me a pic.

Happy Tuesday All!
xo
C

No comments:

Post a Comment