Monday, November 05, 2012

Wish

Sunday Brunch is quite possibly one of my favorite things about the weekend. Meeting up with friends, trying somewhere new or going to the old standby (School in Liberty Village always makes my day) and eating amazing food is what its all about. This weekend a few of my girlfriends and I tried out Wish in Toronto, which is just south of Bloor Street. It was A-mazing. The food... grilled nutella sandwich... was amazing, as was the decor.

http://wishintoronto.com/
 
Above is their broiled grapefruit with raw sugar, which was not only gorgeous, but super yummy as well. Picture creme brulee crunchy top, but on grapefruit.... I know!
 
http://wishintoronto.com/

Could this place be any cuter? Yes, the design is trendy with the white washed brick walls, carerra marble table tops and neon chairs- but it just makes you want to smile. And lets be honest, white goes with everything, so next year they could spray the chairs gold or navy if that's in. O.M.G. I wish they would do that right now- that would be insane. I would go for lunch and dinner too.

http://wishintoronto.com/
 
On the right is the nutella sandwich served with their house made raspberry jam. We split this baby for the table and, wow it was good- I was seriously considering drizzling nutella on my oatmeal this morning just to reminisce... but I decided against it at the last second for the sake of my hips. I ordered the Florentine- poached eggs (perfectly, I might add) over wilted spinach with leek and Parmesan fondue (hips are not thought about on Sundays). I know. It was as amazing as it sounds. Day dream with me about being transported back there this second... and have a great Monday!
xo
 
**All images sourced from Wish.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment